Monday, September 23, 2013

Obligatory "Happy Fall, Y'all" Post



I love this image from Pinterest. It cracks me up and rings so true of what my near-entire Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter feeds are full of right now. Every year, it seems, as soon as the temps start to cool, and Starbucks brings back its famous Fall drink, everyone goes nuts for all things Autumn. And I am always jealous, because it's still over 100 degrees here most days in Arizona. We'll be well into the rest of the country's Fall before we get our own sweet relief from the heat and our landscape is slightly less brown. But still, it is one of my favorite times of year. Fall and Winter mean family holidays, football, yummy food, sweaters being appropriate (I work in a cold office, so I wear them year round, anyway), our wedding anniversary, and just generally being able to be outside comfortably. For us, Fall is the kick-off of grilling season, because you finally don't feeling you're standing over an oven (of sorts) while simultaneously standing IN one. It's also my favorite time for crafts - wreaths, gifts, and decor to make our house feel festive and even more homey than usual.

So I hope you and your family have a wonderful Fall. Bust out the boots, enjoy your tailgating, and yes, have yourself a pumpkin spice latte.



This post is a link up with Ginger's Bring Back the Words. Visit her blog to check out the other posts.

No comments: