Tuesday, March 19, 2013

OURS

I woke up excited yesterday. Really excited. The Walk of Hope is this weekend, and NIAW is about a month away. These events just have me in a great mood. I'm excited to meet people I've been corresponding with at Resolve, and the Walk of Hope feels to me like a celebration. This is OUR day. There are cancer walks, and March of Dimes walks, and fundraisers for all sorts of different causes and issues and illnesses. But this one is OURS. NIAW is OUR time to show how many of us there are, how we feel, what we think, what issues pertain to us and how others can support us. It's OUR time to show we matter, and that we aren't taboo, and that everyone out there knows and loves someone who's struggling with infertility. It's liberating to feel free to talk about it, and to be passionate about making a difference. I can't wait for OUR Saturday, and for OUR awareness week - to stand with and to share facts and messages of hope (however that looks for everyone) with other people who know what it's like. I'm just so excited!

No comments: